SPOKANE, Wash.– Santa Clara women's tennis fell 4-0 to Gonzaga on Sunday morning in Spokane, Washington.
Santa Clara (4-7, 0-2 WCC) dropped the doubles point with losses on courts two and three.
In singles action, the Bulldogs of Gonzaga won on courts three, five and six to secure the 4-0 victory. Sophomore Madison Clarke was in position to win on court one but the match went unfinished. Junior Zeina El Tawil was also nearing a victory on court four but ran out of time.
The Broncos host three matches next week, starting with Drexel on Wednesday at 1 p.m. PT. The squad then resumes WCC action against Pacific on Friday at 12 p.m. PT and St. Mary's (CA) on Saturday at 11 a.m.
GON 4, SCU 0
March 26, 2017 | (Spokane, Wash.)
(1) Apollo/Garley vs. Clarke/Silva (SCU) – 4-5, unfinished
(2) Whittle/Rosas (GON) def. Farah/Frankel (SCU) – 6-0
(3) Ketels/TSuruta (GON) def. El Tawil/Ong(SCU) – 6-2
GON wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 2, 3*
(1) Madison Clarke (SCU) vs. Nevada Apollo (GON) – 6-3, 5-4 unfinished
(2) Sophie Whittle (GON) vs. Daniella Silva (SCU) – 6-2, 4-3 unfinished
(3) Graciela Rosas (GON) vs. Nabila Farah (SCU) – 6-1, 7-5
(4) Zeina El Tawil (SCU) vs. Haruna Tsuruta (GON) – 6-1, 5-1 unfinished
(5) Kate Ketels (GON) def. Caitlyn Frankel (SCU) – 6-4, 6-0
(6) Domonique Garley (GON) def. Giannina Ong (SCU) – 6-0, 6-1
Order of finish: 6, 5, 3*
* - clinched victory