SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Santa Clara University women's soccer will host its Alumni Weekend on Oct 8 and Oct. 9. The 2011 season marks the 10-year anniversary of the program's 2001 national championship. Several players and coaches from the 2001 team will be in attendance as well as many other Bronco women's soccer alums.
On Saturday there will be an alumni game on Stanton Field at 2 p.m. To close the first day of events there will be a toast at The Hut for all of the alumni participating in the weekend at 11 p.m.
Before the Broncos' game against West Coast Conference rival Saint Mary's on Sun., Oct. 9 at 1 p.m., the 2001 team will be recognized on the field. Erin Pearson, a member of that team, will be singing the National Anthem.
At halftime the Broncos will recognize Danielle Slaton and Aly Wagner by honoring their jerseys and hanging a banner in Buck Shaw. They will join Brandi Chastain as the only women's soccer players to have their jerseys honored.
The weekend will wrap-up with a post-game tailgate with the team at the Alumni Picnic Grounds. See below for a full schedule of events. For more information contact Michelle Walsh at [email protected]
Sat., Oct. 8
• 2:00 p.m. - Alumni Game and Kids Mini Game out at Stanton Field - All Soccer Alums Welcome
• 3:00 p.m. - Alumni Social Hour
• 3:30 p.m. - 2001 National Championship Team Anniversary Celebration Dinner
• 11:00 p.m. - Toast at The Hut (3200 The Alameda, Santa Clara, CA 95050)
Sun., Oct. 9
• 11:30 a.m. - Alumni Tailgate at the Alumni Picnic Grounds
• 12:45 p.m. - Pre-Game Recognition of the 2001 National Championship Team
• 12:50 p.m. - National Anthem sung by Erin Pearson - class of 2005, National Championship team member
• Danielle Slaton and Aly Wagner - Honorary Captains
• 1:00 p.m. - SCU vs. SMC
• Women's Soccer Alumni Recognition
• 2001 National Championship Team Recognition
• Jersey Celebration for Danielle Slaton and Aly Wagner
• 3:00 p.m. - Post game tailgate with the team in Alumni Park