SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Santa Clara men's basketball plays its second game of the week on Thursday when Mississippi Valley State visits Leavey Center.
Tipoff between the Broncos and Delta Devils (2-9) is set for 7 p.m.
Santa Clara (4-6) is coming off an 82-54 win over Sonoma State on Sunday, which was fueled by Josip Vrankic and Tahj Eaddy who eached posted 19 points. The Broncos are winding down their season-long seven-game homestand with three contests in a nine-day span. The Broncos have games next week against USC (Dec. 18) and Idaho (Dec. 21).
• Injuries have plagued the Broncos, who have had four players miss games this season, including three who remain on the shelf. Two-time All-West Coast Conference guard KJ Feagin (hand) and Fallou Ndoye (foot) are out of action indefinitely, and Juan Ducasse (knee) is done for the season.
• After averaging 64.0 points over the first six games, the Broncos have scored at a 77.5 clip in the last three.
• Tahj Eaddy is the team's leading scorer (15.7 ppg), Josip Vrankic is second (12.9) on 51.1-percent shooting from the floor and Trey Wertz (11.5) ranks third in scoring. Josh Martin is the leading rebounder at 9.1 per contest, which ranks second in the West Coast Conference.
• Wertz is averaging 17.4 points in the last five contests, including posting a career-high 33 against Jackson State (Nov. 29) ... Martin is averaging 12.0 rebounds over the last five games.
|Game Notes||Santa Clara | Mississippi Valley St.|
YEAR THREE UNDER SENDEK...
The Broncos are in their 112th year of existence, including third under Herb Sendek, who has been successful in each of his three previous head-coaching stops. With a resume that includes 18 postseason appearances and three conference coach of the year awards, Sendek, was one of the three youngest coaches with 400 or more career victories. He is in his 25th season as a collegiate head coach with stops at Arizona State, North Carolina State and Miami (Ohio).
• Guard KJ Feagin, and forwards Henrik Jadersten and Josip Vrankic are the only returning rotational players this season. Feagin, a three-year starter, is a two-time All-West Coast Conference selection who averaged 17.5 points per game (fifth in the league) and 4.0 assists pg (ninth in the league) in 2017-18. Jadersten, a senior, appeared in 84 games his first three years and Vrankic was one of the more productive freshmen in the WCC during 2017-18. Vrankic was third on the team in both scoring (10.4 ppg) and rebounding (4.6 pg).
• Sophomore guard Tahj Eaddy is eligible this season after sitting out 2017-18. He transferred from Southeast Missouri last summer.
• There are eight additions to the 2018-19 squad, including five true freshmen in Guglielmo Caruso (Naples, Italy), Juan Ducasse (Montevideo, Uruguay), Keshawn Justice (Madison, Wisconsin), Zeke Richards (Oak Park, California) and Trey Wertz (Charlotte, North Carolina). Fallou Ndoye, DJ Mitchell and Josh Martin are transfers. Ndoye (CSU Bakersfield) and Martin (Cal Poly) are graduate transfers. Mitchell played the last two seasons at Wake Forest and will sit out 2018-19.
THE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE SERIES...
Santa Clara and Mississippi Valley State, which plays in the Southwestern Athletic Conference, are meeting for the second time. The Broncos defeated the Delta Devils, 70-73, on Dec. 27, 2002 in the first round of the Cable Car Classic.
Anthony Passarelli (play-by-play) and John Stege (analyst) will call the action during the season on radio and through TheW.tv at home. All Broncos home games and West Coast Conference contests (not on an ESPN platform or BYUtv) will also be streamed through TheW.tv (local blackout restrictions apply for games broadcast over the air). This season at least 25 games will air on either KDOW-AM 1220 or KTRB-AM 860. The remainder can be heard on Livestream.com. Thursday's game against Mississippi Valley State can be heard on KDOW-AM 1220. Click here to view broadcast outlets for the season.
There are a number of ticket options for 2018-19, which features 17 homes, including nine during the nonconference portion of the slate. In addition to season tickets, single-game and game-plan packages are on sale. For questions, contact the Santa Clara Athletics ticket office at (408) 554-4660 or BroncoTickets@scu.edu.
FAN EXPERIENCE PACKAGES
Group-ticket options and Fan Experience Packages are available through the Santa Clara ticket office, which is open weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Contact Jesse Moreno, one of our sales and service consultants, at (408) 554-4628 or email@example.com for further details.
Parking is $10 in the main campus parking structure, which is located on Palm Drive through the main campus entrance (500 El Camino Drive). The Leavey Center parking lot, located on Accolti Way off El Camino Real, is reserved for season-ticket holders. Click here for a campus map and parking restrictions.