Posted: Jul 19, 2018
SANTA CLARA Calif. – The 2018 summer collegiate baseball season is under way and two Broncos have been selected to the all-star/prospect games of the respective leagues they are playing in.
Jason Dicochea and Jake MacNichols, who both completed their sophomore seasons at Santa Clara this past spring, have belted a combined 16 home runs thus far for their summer baseball league teams and were recently selected to participate in the all-star/prospect games.
Click on league and team names to access websites and follow the action all summer long of Dicochea, MacNichols and the rest of the Broncos playing summer ball.
• MacNichols, who is hitting .302 with a team leading 11 homers in 86 at-bats, was nominated by the California Collegiate League managers to participate in the 2018 CCL Prospect Game and Scouts Showcase.
• McCarthy is hitting .381 with one home run in eight games with the Potters.
• Reyes is hitting .310, collecting 18 hits in 17 games with six stolen bases helping the Power clinch a spot in the Southern California Collegiate Baseball League playoffs.
• Boetto has played 14 games behind the dish collecting 10 hits including a home run.
• Dicochea was named to the North Division roster for the West Coast League's 2018 All-Start Game where he went 2-for-5, scoring and driving in a run, to help the North to a 10-6 win. In WCL action, Dicochea is hitting .348 with five home runs and 12 RBIs in 66 at-bats.