Santa Clara women's tennis will compete against LMU Sunday at 11:00 a.m. at the Degheri Tennis Center. The match was originally scheduled for Saturday at 2:00 p.m., but was postponed due to rain.
Santa Clara, Calif.—Returning to the Mission Campus after a two-match road trip in Provo, Utah, the Santa Clara women's tennis team fell 6-1 to No. 39 Pepperdine Sunday, March 30. The Broncos move to 8-6 overall and 2-1 against WCC opponents this year. Pepperdine is 8-6 and 2-0 in league.
Katie Le, ranked as the No. 38 singles player by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association, captured Santa Clara's lone victory at the No. 1 singles position. Le downed No. 91 Khunpak Issara in two sets 6-3, 6-3. This extends Le's singles record to 12-2 this season.
The women look forward to hosting Sunday's match against another WCC opponent, Loyola Marymount, at 11:00 a.m.
The Lions are 3-11 overall this season and 0-1 in the WCC. Last week, LMU lost to Pepperdine 6-1 and UC Santa Barbara 5-2. Before the Lions come to the Mission Campus, they compete against USF on Fri., Mar. 30.
Game Notes—April 1, 2012
Santa Clara vs. LMU @ Degheri Tennis Center (Santa Clara, Calif.) 11:00 a.m.
Santa Clara vs. Pepperdine 6-1 (SINGLES)
1) No. 38 Katie Le (SCU) def. No. 91 Khunpak Issara (Pep) 6-3, 6-3
2) Ale Granillo (Pep) def. Kelly Lamble (SCU) 6-4, 6-3
3) Lorraine Guillermo (Pep) def. Kacie Wagner (SCU) 4-6, 6-2, 11-9
4) Arianna Colffer (Pep) def. Jessica Agra (SCU) 6-3, 6-2
5) Alexandria Walters (Pep) def. Stephanie Skaras (SCU) 6-1, 6-2
6) Megan Moore (Pep) def. Brittany Warly (SCU) 6-2, 6-2
1) No. 28 Issara/Guillermo (Pep) def. Le/Agra (SCU) 8-2
2) Colffer/Walters (Pep) def. Lamble/Wagner (SCU) 8-5
3) Moore/Granillo (Pep) def. Skaras/Warly (SCU) 8-4