March 27, 2004
LOS ANGELES - The Santa Clara University women's tennis team suffered its first loss in West Coast Conference play, falling to Loyola Marymount 7-0 this afternoon at the Home Depot Center. The Broncos are now 8-7 overall, 4-1 in league action, while the Lions improve to 6-9, 1-0.
SCU head coach Tricia Guidace said the Broncos came out flat and could never really get back into the match. Loyola Marymount swept doubles play and took four of six singles contests in straight sets.
The Broncos remain in Southern California and face San Diego tomorrow at 10 a.m. The Broncos return home to the Degheri Tennis Center on Saturday, April 3, hosting UC Davis at noon.
Loyola Marymount def. Santa Clara 7-0
1. Carla Arguelles (LMU) def. Janalle Kaloi (SCU) 6-4, 6-0
2. Robyn Baker (LMU) def. Catherine Cochrane (SCU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Kimi Kaloi (LMU) def. Casey Knutson (SCU) 4-6, 6-0, 6-4
4. Serena Fermin (LMU) def. Kelly Leathers (SCU) 0-6, 6-4, (10-7)
5. Patrycia Hubl (LMU) def. Kimberly Daniel (SCU) 6-1, 7-5
6. Tamara Tanner (LMU) def. Jessie Strunk (SCU) 6-1, 6-4