Feb. 23, 2003
HONOLULU, Hawaii - The Santa Clara University women's tennis team defeated Hawaii 4-3 this afternoon to improve its record to 4-5 on the season.
Santa Clara won the doubles point, and then earned victories on the third, fourth and sixth singles court to ensure the team win.
Senior Christine Limbers and sophomore Janalle Kaloi paired at No. 1 doubles and earned their ninth victory of the year, topping Renata Camargo and Justine Boutet 8-3. Senior Ashley Campbell and junior Jenny Siegel clinched the doubles win with their 8-4 victory on court two.
The Broncos will return home for a four-match homestand, starting with West Coast Conference rival Saint Mary's on Saturday, March 1. First serve is scheduled for 11 a.m.
1. Lauren Fitzgerald (UH) def. Christine Limbers (SCU) 7-5, 6-4
2. Stacy Hakikawa (UH) def. Catherine Cochrane (SCU) 6-4, 6-1
3. Janalle Kaloi (SCU) def. Mio Fukushima (UH) 6-2, 7-5
4. Casey Knutson (SCU) def. Justine Boutet (UH) 6-4, 6-1
5. Renata Camargo (UH) def. Mariko Kawakami (SCU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Pati Ruiz (SCU) def. Kimberly Curtis (UH) 6-2, 6-2