March 25, 2001
IRVINE, Calif. - The Santa Clara women's tennis team fell to Oklahoma City 6-1 this morning in the opening match of the fourth annual UC Irvine/Radisson Spring Invitational, hosted by UC Irvine at the UCI Tennis Stadium.
With the loss, the Broncos fall to 6-7 on the season.
Sophomore Megan McKitterick recorded the Broncos' lone point of the afternoon, a 7-6, 6-7, 10-4 win over Oklahoma City's Sandra Nilsson at the sixth singles position.
The Broncos will play the loser of the Portland/CS Northridge match tomorrow at 9 a.m.
Oklahoma City 6, Santa Clara 1
1. Anne Laure Le Guennec (OCU) def. Christine Limbers (SCU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Marisue Jacutin (OCU) def. Mariko Kawakami (SCU) 7-5, 6-0
3. Melisa Lemus (OCU) def. Nicole McCord (SCU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Cecilia Akesson (OCU) def. Patricia Ruiz (SCU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Mariana Duarte (OCU) def. Ashley Campbell (SCU) 6-3, 6-3
6. Megan McKitterick (SCU) def. Sandra Nilsson (OCU) 7-6, 6-7, (10-4)
1. Le Guennec/Jacutin (OCU) def. Limbers/McCord (SCU) 8-4
2. Akesson/Nilsson (OCU) def. Kawakami/Alison Barr (SCU) 8-5
3. Lemus/Duarte (OCU) def. Ruiz/Campbell (SCU) 8-3