SAN DIEGO, Calif. – Santa Clara men's tennis fell 4-0 to San Diego in the regular season finale on Sunday afternoon at Hogan Tennis Center.
San Diego (14-10, 6-3 WCC) won on courts two and one (in that order) to secure the doubles point over Santa Clara (14-7, 4-5 WCC).
The Toreros earned singles wins on courts five, two and four (in that order) to clinch the win for USD. Prior to the match being called due to USD clinching, sophomore Connor Garnett was leading on court three and sophomore Kamran Khan was leading on court six. Also, sophomore Andrew Gu was tied on court one in his unfinished match.
Santa Clara earned the six seed in the WCC Tournament and will play No. 3 seed BYU at 10 a.m. PT in Claremont, California.
USD 4, SCU 0
April 23, 2017 | San Diego, Calif.
1. Filip Vittek/Joshua Page (USD) def. Vasileios Iliopoulos/Connor Garnett (SCU) 7-5
2. Gui Osorio/Joel Gamerov (USD) def. Robert Seby/Jesus Barajas (SCU) 6-4
3. Guus Koevermans/Pratt Keerasuntonpon (USD) vs. Andrew Gu/Kamran Khan (SCU) 5-4, unfinished
USD wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 2, 1*
1. Filip Vittek (USD) vs. Andrew Gu (SCU) 6-1, 6-7, 2-2, unfinished
2. Gui Osorio (USD) def. Robert Seby (SCU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Guus Koevermans (USD) vs. Connor Garnett (SCU) 6-2, 3-6, 3-4, unfinished
4. Joshua Page (USD) def. Jesus Barajas (SCU) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
5. Joel Gamerov (USD) def. Vasileios Iliopoulos (SCU) 6-4, 7-5
6. Alexandros Araouzos (USD) vs. Kamran Khan (SCU) 6-3, 4-6, 1-2, unfinished
Order of finish: 5, 2, 4*
* - Clinched Victory