April 20, 2007
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - The Santa Clara University men's tennis team opened play in the West Coast Conference Championships under rainy skies on Friday. Playing the singles matches first, second-seeded Santa Clara got out to a 1-0 lead over seventh-seeded Loyola Marymount and won the first set in three other matches. The two teams will resume play on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. at the University of San Diego.
The winner of the Santa Clara-Loyola Marymount match will play the winner of the San Diego-San Francisco match on Saturday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. in the championship semifinals.
No. 2 Santa Clara 1 leads No. 7 Loyola Marymount 0
1. Jan Macek (SCU) vs. Nico Terrien (LMU) 1-6, 6-4
2. Brian Brogan (SCU) leads Sam Tadevosian (LMU) 6-2, 3-3 (15-15 LMU serving)
3. Jay Wong (SCU) trailing Jacek Twarowski (LMU) 6-6 (1-4)
4. Robert Gallman (SCU) def. Matt Phillips (LMU) 6-3, 6-1
5. Blane Shields (SCU) leads Nikola Petrov (LMU) 6-2, 2-5
6. Tommy Hicks (SCU) leads Reyniere Roxas (LMU) 6-2, 2-1 (15-30 SCU serving)