Jan. 20, 2007
Santa Clara, Calif. - The Santa Clara University men's tennis team completed a dominant day at the Degheri Tennis Center with a 4-0 sweep of UC Davis following a 4-1 dual match win over UC Santa Cruz in the morning. Against Davis, Jan Macek and Bobby Rasmussen won their second doubles match of the day to help the Broncos claim the doubles point and Macek then clinched the match with a 7-5, 6-2 win over Michael Chin at the No. 1 spot.
Brian Brogran and Jay Wong both won their singles matches against UC Davis to finish the day 2-0 in singles. Wong dropped only three games over two matches to improve to 14-3 in singles overall. Robert Gallman, Bobby Rasmussen and Tommy Hicks had their matches ended after Macek clinched the match with his win.
The Broncos next face Boise State on Sunday, Jan. 28 at 11:00 a.m. PT at the Degheri Tennis Center. Boise State is ranked No. 25 in the nation as of Jan. 9.
Santa Clara def. UC Davis 4-0
Doubles (order of finish: 1, 2, 3)
1. No. 44 Jayce Fitch/Daniel Elefant def. Kevin McQuaid/Blane Shields 8-4
2. Jan Macek/Bobby Rasmussen def. Michael Chin/Justin Garcia 8-6
3. Brian Brogan/Robert Gallman def. Casey McMakin/Mike Reiser 8-4
Singles (order of finish: 3, 2, 1)
1. Jan Macek def. Michael Chin 7-5, 6-2
2. Brian Brogan def. Tyler Lee 6-3, 6-1
3. Jay Wong def. Henri Landes 6-0, 6-1
4. Robert Gallman vs. Justin Garcia 6-7(7), 0-4, susp.
5. Bobby Rasmussen vs. Jayce Fitch 4-6, 5-4, susp.
6. Tommy Hicks vs. Daniel Elefant 4-6, 2-3, susp.