Men's Tennis Falls to Host Pepperdine 4-0
April 23, 2005
MALIBU, Calif. - The Santa Clara University men's tennis team dropped a 4-0 decision to Pepperdine University in the semifinal round of the West Coast Conference Championship, hosted by the Waves at the Ralphs-Straus Tennis Center in Malibu. The Broncos' record moves to 13-11.
Santa Clara will close the Championship playing for third place on Sunday at 1 p.m. The opponent will be the loser of the San Diego/Portland contest. Head coach George Husack said the team is looking forward to finishing the season strong.
1. Doerner/Rico (PEP) def. Kochanski/ Blane Shields (SCU) 8-1
2. Berg/Lovrak (PEP) def. Bedilion/Zepponi (SCU) 8-2
3. Borzenski/Johnson (PEP) vs. Macek/Rasmussen (SCU) 6-2, DNF
1. Scott Doerner (PEP) def. Taylor Bedilion (SCU) 6-3, 6-0
2. Pedro Rico (PEP) vs. Jan Macek (SCU) 6-2, 4-3, DNF
3. Jonas Berg (PEP) vs. Eric Kochanski (SCU) 7-6, DNF
4. Richard Johnson (PEP) vs. Francisco Zepponi (SCU) 6-3, 2-0, DNF
5. Ivor Lovrak (PEP) def. Bobby Rasmussen (SCU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Alexis Rafidison (PEP) def. A.J. Kerin (SCU) 6-2, 6-1
Order of Finish: D1, D2, S5, S6, S1