Men's Tennis Wins Fourth Straight
March 23, 2005
PLEASANTON, Calif. - The Santa Clara University men's tennis team won its fourth straight dual match with a 4-2 victory over New Orleans this afternoon. The Broncos are now 8-7 on the season and the Privateers fall to 3-9.
Inclement weather has overwhelmed the Bay Area this past week, canceling many Bronco home events scheduled for this Spring Break week. Today's match was moved indoors to the ClubSport facility located in nearby Pleasanton.
Singles was played first, and doubles was not played after Bobby Rasmussen clinched the team victory at No. 5 singles.
"I'm very proud of the guys today, as it was a long day... close to a six-hour match," head coach George Husack said. "Eric Kochanski has been Mr. Clutch in our recent matches. He is playing with a lot of confidence right now and a never-say-die attitude."
The Broncos travel to Albuquerque, N.M. to take on Denver on April 2 and New Mexico on April 3. Santa Clara is scheduled to return to the Degheri Center on April 6, hosting Pacific at 2:30 p.m.
1. Luka Bernard (UNO) def. Taylor Bedilion (SCU) 6-4, 6-2
2. Jan Macek (SCU) def. Saif Ali (UNO) 6-3, 6-7 (0), 6-2
3. Eric Kochanski (SCU) def. Pierre Ros-Barbier (UNO) 4-6, 7-6 (4), 6-4
4. Francisco Zepponi (SCU) def. Patricio Rodriguez (UNO) 6-0, 7-5
5. Bobby Rasmussen (SCU) def. Mano Erdei (UNO) 7-6 (5), 7-5
6. Julien De La Mettrie (UNO) def. A.J. Kerin (SCU) 6-7 (7), 6-0, 6-4