Bronco Men's Tennis Falls to San Francisco
Feb. 27, 2003
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - - The Santa Clara University men's tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to the University of San Francisco today at the Santa Clara University Tennis Center.
Sophomore Taylor Bedilion was the lone bright spot for the Broncos, taking a 6-2, 6-3 victory from USF's Sean Vizon at the number four singles position. The Broncos opened the dual match with a victory by Bedilion and Federico Mattioli by an 8-4 score at the number two position. But the Dons won the remaining two doubles matches to earn the point heading into singles.
Santa Clara falls to 4-7 on the year and will host Saint Mary's College Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
West Coast Conference Men's Tennis
Thursday, February 27, 2003
Santa Clara University Tennis Center
Santa Clara, Calif.
San Francisco 6, Santa Clara 1
1. Jorgen Arnesen (USF) def. Francisco Zepponi (SC), 6-7 (5), 7-5, 10-5
2. Joachim Lien (USF) def. Erich Chen (SCU), 6-2, 6-1
3. Pablo Pires de Almeida (USF) def. Federico Mattioli (SCU), 6-4, 6-3
4. Taylor Bedilion (SCU) def. Sean Vizon (USF), 6-2, 6-3
5. Mason Fuller (USF) def. Ben Hidalgo (SCU), 6-3, 6-5
6. Axel Elvik (USF) def. Michael Bruggemann (SCU), 6-1, 5-7, 10-2
1. Lien / Fuller (USF) def. Chen / Zepponi (SCU), 8-3
2. Bedilion / Mattioli (SCU) def. Jon Lippert / Elvik (USF), 8-5
3. Arnesen / Pires de Almeida (USF) def. Rick Ruso / Bruggemann (SCU), 8-5
Santa Clara 4-7
San Francisco 5-5