July 1, 2004
SAN BRUNO, Calif. - With the 2003-04 academic year completed, the West Coast Conference is proud to announce the third annual Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes those student-athletes who possess at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Seven hundred sixty-four student-athletes, who participated in one of the WCC's 13 sponsored sports, were honored from the league's eight member institutions.
Among those honored were 99 Broncos. Additionally, freshman cross country runner Shannon Bell was one of two student-athletes who completed the year with a perfect 4.0 grade-point average.
Only grades earned at WCC institutions may be used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements:
1) Individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the just-completed academic year.
2) The cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale.
3) The individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (i.e. non pass-fail hours) per term.
The student-athletes in three separate designations:
1) 4.00-3.75 - Gold Honors
2) 3.74-3.50 - Silver Honors
3) 3.49-3.00 - Bronze Honors
The link above contains a complete list of all students that were honored.