Broncos Athletics

Intramural Sports

What are Intramural Sports?
A program offered through the Department of Athletics and Recreation that provides the "everyday" athlete with a wide variety of fun, friendly, and competitive sports. No experience required, but the advanced leagues can be very competitive.

Who can play?
All Santa Clara University students, faculty, and staff are able to join a team and play. With different divisions within a sport all players can participate, from beginners to skilled athletes!

Who can't play?
Unfortunately all club sport athletes and NCAA athletes are restricted from playing their particular sport in intramurals. For example, a club volleyball player CAN play intramural soccer, but NOT intramural volleyball. An NCAA baseball player CAN play intramural football, but NOT intramural softball.

What are the benefits of Intramural Sports?
Intramural Sports are a great way for you to stay active, relieve stress, socialize with friends and meet new people.

What are the divisions of play?
M- Men's Leagues
W- Women's Leagues
C- Coed Leagues (Men and women playing together. Rules may be altered to accommodate gender differences).

How do I enter?
During the entry period dates (generally select days during the first 2 weeks of a quarter) stop by the Pat Malley Fitness and Recreation Center and register at the Intramural Sports table in the lobby from 3:00pm - 6:00pm. Fill out an entry form and submit your $25 refundable deposit. Captains must then attend the MANDATORY meeting in order to participate in the league. Captains that do not show up or do not send a player in their place forfeit their team from the league and teams unable to sign up during the entry period will be offered their spot.

Where is the Intramural Handbook?
All captains will be given a copy of the IM handbook at the Captain's Meeting. It is also available by stopping by the Intramural Office in Malley Center, or print out a copy posted online. Click here for handbook.

What are Championship Awards?
The Intramural Championship T-shirt is awarded to all champions in each sport and division.

Are there Employment Opportunities?
Absolutely! If you are energetic, enthusiastic, passionate about a sport, and want to make some extra money, you can become an Intramural Sports Official or Supervisor. We will train you; all you need is the desire to get involved. Call (408) 551-7183 for more information on being an official, or stop by the Malley Center front desk and fill out an application today!

Free Agent Info: Want to play a sport but don't have a team? No problem, stop by during sign up times and give your name and information to the staff member then come to the Free Agent Meeting. The time and date will be posted during the sign up period.

For more answers to your Intramural Sports questions please contact us:

Telephone: (408) 551-7183
Email: [email protected]